You will seldom see cars without an air-conditioning system even in those countries where it is considered a luxury. Maybe you have been enjoying for a good number of years the comfort generated by your air conditioning system, especially when you’re taking a long drive; but you really do not have any idea how it works.
Well, you might think that it is really not your job to know and besides, you can always hire an auto repair man to check, clean and maintain your car air conditioning unit. And if something goes wrong with your car air con, you can always ask an expert to provide the right repairs. Simply put, there are appropriate people you can hire if anything goes wrong with it.
Air conditioning systems actually just work like your refrigerator. It is fueled by a liquid refrigerant termed as freon. With this fuel, a process is done so that the heat in the place where the air conditioning unit is installed will be driven away and cooler air will be felt instead.
For more enlightenment, here are some basics about a typical air conditioning system:
• For an air conditioning system to function well and to provide the service that is expected of it. It’s equipped with four essential parts. Usually, it also comes with two contrasting system designs: they are the expansion valve or orifice tube type designs.
• The compressor – this is the most expensive part of an air conditioning unit and for good reasons. This is the one responsible for the smooth flow of refrigerant from the passenger compartment to the area where the air conditioning unit is installed.
• The condenser – you will see this component in front of the radiator. Its function is to transport the heat that is taken from the passenger compartment and exhaust it outside.
• The evaporator – this is the component that transfers the heat from the passenger compartment towards the refrigerant so that in turn, it will be transported to the condenser thus cooling the passenger compartment.
• The dryer – this is the component designed to absorb all the remaining moisture left in the refrigerant.
When your air conditioning system needs repair, the reliable Calgary auto repair is always here to help you out. This technician can do fine works easily spot the problem. You just have to relay the problem to them and it is important as well to tell them in advance if your automobile has been previously repaired by other technicians. After that, they can now start checking your air conditioning unit by first checking out the blower and vent operations.
The car air conditioning is quite sensitive and therefore, requires proper assessment and repairs. Don’t simply rely on any technician to handle the job. Study the profile of the auto shop that you plan to engage, and make sure that only a qualified repairman touches your car. This way, you’re assured to top quality results.